GlobalWrites is in the middle of a site redesign, and optimizing our mobile experience is a priority. Many companies see this update from Google as a painful one, but we should all be paying attention to the mobile user experience. Google reminds us to focus on delivering the best possible experience for users.
How do you deliver the best possible experience? Present a high-quality website to your audience. Start with these Google articles:
From a copywriter’s view, many of Google’s bullet points resonate with what we do to improve our client’s content and message.
- Does this article have spelling, stylistic, or factual errors?
- Are the topics driven by genuine interests of readers of the site, or does the site generate content by attempting to guess what might rank well in search engines?
- Does the article provide original content or information, original reporting, original research, or original analysis?
- Does the page provide substantial value when compared to other pages in search results?
- How much quality control is done on content?
- Does the article describe both sides of a story?
- Is the site a recognized authority on its topic?
- Is the content mass-produced by or outsourced to a large number of creators, or spread across a large network of sites, so that individual pages or sites don’t get as much attention or care?
- Was the article edited well, or does it appear sloppy or hastily produced?
A great copywriter solves all of these content problems.
“Do you do SEO?”
We are often asked this question, and most of the time the answer people are looking for is, “Yes, we know how to game the system better than anyone else.” But gaming the system is not what we do, and it is not a sustainable practice. What we do is create compelling content with a consistent voice. As Google mentioned, high-quality pages will have better search rankings. Companies need to examine their values and pinpoint what makes them original and unique, and a great copywriter is a guide through that process. Contact us today to improve your content with a team of copywriters.